[ubuntu-studio-users] Denver mp3 Player is not recognise for UbuntuStudio 14.04.1

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Wed Nov 19 09:50:36 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014, at 05:52 AM, WMID wrote:
> 2014-11-16 I have a friend from Germany who was using Ubuntu 12.04 on a
> mini laptop "Asus Eee PC", I said that better install be the UbuntuStudio
> because that is more lighter and so was I install UbuntuStudio 14.04.1
> x386
> in that machine, but some time later she said to me that have a problem,
> can not copy mp3 music to a "Denver mp3 player MPG-4054 NR" (
> www.denver-electronics.com). I checked the mp3 placed on this laptop on
> nautilus and some folders appear with an x.

I suspect the problem is with udev. Please report a bug against udev.
First create a launchpad account at http://launchpad.net, then report
the bug with the command:

ubuntu-bug udev

In the bug report explain as clearly as you can what the problem is.
Sounds to me the problem is wrong file permissions in the newly mounted
external device.

/Kaj Ailomaa - Ubuntu Studio project lead