[ubuntu-studio-users] Installing Scrivener

Steven Grace sgrace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 10 15:51:11 UTC 2014

On 01/10/2014 05:52 AM, Tommy Tolson wrote:
> Yeah, I finally decided that's what it is, too.  It does still work
> on the 12.04LTS machine, but not on the Studio machine. I guess that
> 12.04 LTS will run 32-bit apps. Both my currently operating machines
> are AMD64.  The 12.04LTS is 64-bit.  I don't know.  Confusing.  But a
> lot about Ubuntu is confusing, after working on Macs for a few
> years. Thanks for the response.  I'm checking out some alternatives.
> Calligra Author is my goal, now, in Calligra Office 2.8, the beta.
> Switching from Gnome to KDE was more involved than I thought.  Studio
> is neither of the above, isn't it?  The adventure continues.  Thanks
> again.

Since you're trying to run 32-bit software on a 64-bit machine, the
problem may be that you don't have the 32-bit libraries that Scrivener
needs. Does it indicate its dependencies? In any case, you might try
installing package "ia32-libs" from the repository; it contains many of
the most commonly used 32-bit libraries.