[ubuntu-studio-users] Installing Scrivener

Tommy Tolson healinghawk at anvilcom.com
Wed Jan 8 01:28:03 UTC 2014

Thanks for the response, Mike.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS runs the beta version of Scrivener for Linux.
The latest version of Ubuntu Studio (55 updates yesterday, with a new
low-latency kernel) does not.
Is that version of Ubuntu Studio Ubuntu 13.10?
I don't know.
When I installed it, it said it was 12.04.
The Scrivener version in 12.04 LTS is quite stable, better than any MS
beta I ever tried, stable enough to trust it with my work.
I simply can't get it to run in Ubuntu Studio, or even to install correctly.
I know what you're talking about - starting from the terminal,
manipulating .config files, and users/home - and I'll try to run the app
as a different user, and, if that works, I'll try the other stuff you
recommend.
No, I've not reported it to Scrivener support, but I will.
Again, thanks for your response.

Smiles.
Tommy Tolson