[ubuntu-studio-users] Password issues

Alex Armani alex.armani at rocketmail.com
Wed Jan 1 14:27:15 UTC 2014

Hi folks, happy new year to one and all. I've got a couple of issues that I need help with with my 'buntu installation.

1. Can only log in as guest, and need to remove the propriety drivers. I was having issues with my external monitor only going up to 1024 * 768 whereas get 1280 * 1024 on the Windows 7, so I tried the propriety drivers, but then it wouldn't boot at all. So I can ctrl alt f2 and enter passord so can get root shell. So I need a CLI command to remove the propriety drivers, and need to sort the password issues out. I had this prob before but managed to fix it put cannot remember how. So I can get root shell, just can't login and change any settings and don't really wanna go the create new user root etc Running Gnome 3

aha, tia from Alex.
--

 Alex at Armani.PM
Www.Armani.PM

tB.xx
--
Acer Aspire 5551: AMD Athlon P320 (2.1 GHz), 3GB RAM, ATI HD 425o Graphics.
64bit Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit Ubuntu Studio 13.1o, 32bit Lubuntu 13.o4

''I am what I am, because we are what we are.''