[ubuntu-studio-users] [ot] Suggestions for a notebook for music.

Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus aradnix at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 00:17:38 UTC 2014

Thanks for all your suggestions. In fact I want to buy a new notebook, I
see Lenovo is another good choice. I was searching in the website for
models and the thinkpad looks fine. The new modelsw include a MD Port
compatible with apple hardware, but I'm not sure how useful could it be.

Definitively I won't buy another HP/Compaq notebook. My experience as user
is quite bad with those trademarks. I'll see what fits better to my needs
and my budget. Thanks again.

> Am Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:23:07 -0500
> schrieb Mike Holstein <mikeh789 at gmail.com>:
>
> > The thinkpad I have, T60, doesn't have a texas instruments FireWire
> > chipset, making it  inappropriate for FireWire devices in Linux for audio
> > production.
>
> Firewire audio worked fine with my old X31. Wasn't with TI chip, neither, I
> think. Might even have been O2micro or such. Sometimes, things are just
> wired up right. Case in point: A dual Socket A board with a flawed
> nVidia chipset which made Firewire audio impossible regardless of
> FW controller chip.
>

> Alrighty then,
>
> Thomas

lutar e vencer!