[ubuntu-studio-users] Netflix on Ubuntu Studio 14.04

Israel israel at torios.org
Tue Apr 29 17:14:56 UTC 2014

Hi,
Another thing of note, Netflix has recently said they are working on an
HTML5 version of the site to run on all devices.  Currently it only runs
on the Windows Phone, but they are working to make it work on all
devices.  So soon (hopefully) they will finally drop Silverlight in
favor of more compatibility.
I used to use Netflix, but dropped it as their support for GNU/Linux was
limited to hacky wine work-arounds, so when they send me an e-mail to
tell me to 'come back' I always chat with them and tell them to support
Linux, specifically Ubuntu.  And the last time they told me they were
working on the HTML5 version.  It wouldn't hurt to put more pressure on
them, and let them know more people are interested.