[ubuntu-studio-users] Firewire interface

Israel israel at torios.org
Sat Apr 12 12:14:46 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am having a few issues. I am using Ubuntu 14.04 (not studio) and I am
trying to set up a firewire interface, and I am having some serious
issues getting Jack to recognize it.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial for how to
configure qjackctl so use my device.  FFADO Mixer loads the interface
just fine, but I cannot seem to figure out how to configure everything
to use it :)

The other issue is Ubuntu Studio 14.04
I downloaded the 32bit live (DVD) from current yesterday, and Ubiquity
goes fine until the place where I can choose the packages to install.
Then a dialog pops up with a bunch of ???????? and then the installer
hangs up until I use a TTY to sudo reboot.
I have also tried booting the 64bit beta2 on a Macboot, and cannot seem
to boot into anything useful.  I am only allowed to choose between the
EFI boots on the USB, and none of those work.

Thanks for your help!