[ubuntu-studio-users] Focuswrite

Gord L Williams info at gordlwilliams.com
Sat Sep 14 12:28:29 UTC 2013

Sounds like you are a hair width away from what your trying to
accomplish.  Can you
make it work in patchage or something like that (cadence, etc)?

The delay is usually coming from both a live source (hardware) and a
software channel that
are mashed together somehow.   You can even do this strictly hardware
when your patching in
compressors or other gear through a live board for recording or pa.

Literally it has to be a straight one in one out chain per channel.
Maybe try just a channel at a
time to put it through.  Side chains where compressors,  and other gear
comes in,  can make it hairy.

Also watch Jack for allowing unwanted chains,  with the engine stopped
try setting jack to ignore self connect requests.  This may help in
sorting through the ins and outs.

Secondly I would look at what the midi clock is doing.   I haven't
played with midi capable hardware but it could be a synch problem
between the software and hardware clocks.  (/This about where I exit and
run screaming,  no synth type stuff for me//)/

Cheers and luck.