[ubuntu-studio-users] using apogee duet audio interface

Eddie Coffey ecoffey57 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 17:44:56 UTC 2013

Thanks Mike for the input, I've used ubuntu for years, ever since 5.04, or
at least i think that was the version:-). Until now my main reason to use
it was ease of use, and for safety reasons, as i don't like having to run
virus software. I have recorded with Ardour, and audacity, but always going
through the sound card, with an Art tube preamp. I've used a variety of
mics, condenser and dynamic, and had fairly good results, but that is not
of sufficient quality, and soon i am going to have to use ubuntu studio to
get actual work done:-). I am a working musician, or in other words, "I
don't have a lot of extra money to spend".
It basically will be something small, easy to use, with decent mic preamps
in it that i can use with a laptop  or desktop, something i can take with
me. There is more and more linux compatible hardware out there, I'll just
need to settle on something though before too much longer. Thanks once again