[ubuntu-studio-users] Question about 13.10

Pete Wright pnwright at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 01:11:30 UTC 2013

I am currently running Ubuntu 13.04 on a hand-me-down machine (my old one
on which I was running ubuntu Studio has quit, perhaps forever).
This hand-me-down has my artist wife's Windows on one partition, and she is
not yet certain she has everything going right on her replacement, so until
she signs off and I am sure this won't turn into a hand-me-back situation,
I prefer to avoid a new install in a new partition. (She already had Ubuntu
12-something on the machine, so I just updated it and loaded my files from
my external HD.

However I see in the 13.10 release notes this statement:
* A new package named ubuntustudio-installer, which allows any person to
install our metapackages and can fit into any desktop environment.

Does this mean I can turn my current Ubuntu 13.04 into Ubuntu Studio in the
same partition in which it now resides?
Or should I just blunder along in plain old Ubuntu for a while longer?
Thanks.
Pete