[ubuntu-studio-users] hardware/mobo recommendations...

Abram Caleb theorganloft at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 23:45:02 UTC 2013

ASUS  ATHLON MOBO with 8 core AMD FX processor

8 GB RAM (buy fastest that you can afford)

turn off on board sound and go with a revolution 7.1 PCI sound card (rare)
- Sound Blaster Live is OK but the Rev is better.

2 - 500 GB WD Hdd or 2 TB drives
DVD Writer
Zotac Dual Channel 600 series or better graphics card (NVidia)

500 watt Power supply - a good one!

Get a nice case with a case fan - liquid cool on CPU not necessary