[ubuntu-studio-users] Libre Office for Ubuntu Studio

Pete Wright pnwright at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 16:19:24 UTC 2013

I think I agree with Ralf -- not a rare thing.
When I first learned about Ubuntu Studio I took the "for creative humans"
line seriously and I guess literally.
I am a film-maker and writer (sort of not-very-retired) and a serious
amateur fine-art photographer. Oddly, I never thought of Studio as solely
for sound folks, even though I subscribe to and read LAU because silent
films have become oddly unpopular over the years..
I use Libre, but I also like and use Abi on my laptops.
I guess my vote would be to use the smaller one on the initial download,
but make sure there is nothing in the distro that would prevent using
Libre, Abi, or OpenOffice or post a clear warning about any conflicts if
there are any.
Also, having the suggested (and presumably tested with the distro)
additional tools obviates a lot of this discussion, doesn't it?
Pete