how to update repository ubuntu studio

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Wed Apr 3 09:20:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, 03 Apr 2013 11:04:04 +0200, putra kurnia Ramadana Sibarani
<ramadana.sibarani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Team Ubuntu Studio,
>
> Allow me to Introduce my self, I am Ramadana from Indonesia, I have Down
> loads and Install Ubuntu Studio on my Laptop, so I need help for update
> repository, how can I update repository Ubuntu Studio and what command
> for
> do it.
>
> I will update repository use terminal.

Hi Ramadana :)

Are you looking to upgrade from one release to another? For instance, from
Quantal to Raring?

 From the terminal, you would use the tool "do-release-upgrade". If
upgrading from one stable release to another, you would just do:

$ sudo do-release-upgrade

If upgrading to the development release (currently Raring), you would need
to add the -d option:

$ sudo do-release-upgrade -d

You can see the avialable options doing: do-release-upgrade --help

Hope that answers your question.