Change Default Settings Guest Session

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Sep 12 15:43:14 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-09-12 at 11:16 -0400, Art Slurry wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> What is the correct way to modify the default settings for the guest
> account and have those settigns used when the next account is created?
>
> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, or a link to the correct
> documentation; I can't seem to find any solid answers in searches.

I don't understand?

Do you want to know, what to take care about, if you add a second,
third, ... user?

AFAIK only the first users get admin privileges by default. Any
additional user doesn't get them.
You'll run into issues, if a user without admin privileges needs to
change CPU frequency scaling.

Regarding to the level of security you need, take a look how to handle
"sudo" and "policykit", perhaps you can bypass policykit by e.g. setting
SUID for e.g. frequency scaling. Perhaps you need to manually add
additional users to some groups, perhaps "audio".

Did you already add a new test-user? If so, is something bad?

Regards,
Ralf