Re: Hi there, I need help to configure Ubuntustudio on my machine

twien@broadpark.no twien at broadpark.no
Sun Apr 8 13:08:41 UTC 2012

Sendt fra min HTC

----- Reply message -----
Fra: "Matthias Beyer" <Matthias at ib-fb.de>
Til: <ubuntu-studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Emne: Hi there, I need help to configure Ubuntustudio on my machine
Dato: søn., apr. 8, 2012 11:49

Hi there again!

I still have problems.
I figured out, that Jack is the Problem: I cannot run jack. I do not
know why.
Jack is not started after booting, so I start it on my own by typing
"jackd -R -n "jserv" -p 128 -d alsa -d hw:Juli -s"

It results in the following error:
matthias at ustudio:~$ jackd -R -n "jserv" -p 128 -d alsa -d hw:Juli -s
jackdmp 1.9.7
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2011 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
Failed to connect to session bus for device reservation Unable to
autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11

Failed to acquire device name : Audio0 error : Invalid argument
Audio device hw:Juli cannot be acquired, trying to open it anyway...
creating alsa driver ...
hw:Juli|hw:Juli|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|soft-mode|32bit
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition
'defaults.namehint.extended'
ALSA lib conf.c:4184:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4663:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or
directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM hw:Juli
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition
'defaults.namehint.extended'
ALSA lib conf.c:4184:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4663:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or
directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM hw:Juli
ALSA: Cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm for playback. Falling back to
capture-only mode
Cannot initialize driver
JackServer::Open() failed with -1
Failed to open server
matthias at ustudio:~$

I do not know what this tells me. If I write hw:0 or hw:1 instead of
hw:Juli, I get the same error.
I really hope someone can help me. I already read so much boards and
stuff, I was on several IRC ubuntu channels and posted help requests in
a german ubuntu board, but noone told me helpful stuff. They just write
"use qjackctl" and "play around with qjackctl", but what does it help if
Jack is not started?
Please helpme!

anyway, have a nice easter-weekend.

Matthias Beyer