Install Studio or desktop Ubuntu and/or the Server addition.

Hopkins Stanley Heideana at comcast.net
Wed Oct 26 20:20:05 UTC 2011

Hi all.  I'm a real newbie to Ubunto and trying  to figure out how to
install it.  I think I'm primarily interested in the Studio version but also
curious about desktop and server versions and I'm not sure if I can install
them all together or if that's even possible?

I've got a windows machine that I plan on using for Pro Tools and Ubuntu
Studio.  Currently Windows lives on an SSD as does my DAW software and I
have two more drives, one for plugins and one for samples.  I have a fifth
drive that  has 500GB I plan on using for Ubuntu Studio but what I'm not
sure about is if I want install the desktop version first and then install
the Studio version on top of it, or should I just install Ubuntu Studio and
install the desktop and Server versions on another machine (or a live CD)?

I think I should just install the studio version.Thanks in advance for any
guidance about my quandary..