Has somebody a stable Ubuntu Studio NATTY 64-bit?

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 14:12:51 UTC 2011

finally we get to the bottom line. we actually *are* having the 'analog vs
digital' debate. theres no need to have that debate here.

the issue im trying to highlight is advocacy ralph. if you want to discount
*all* digital recording methods, go for it. if i had the money, time,
patience and space, i would quite enjoy having an analog setup. but, for
now, digital recording is SO much easier for me to deal with. and for others
who come to this list, and others you communicate with, this is the case as
well. most audio production is done digitally these days, and i feel like it
is important for us as ubuntu users to help promote the tools we have. ALSO,
using terms like "pro-fools" to refer to protools is unnecessary. we
probably have users here that are using both protools and ardour, or maybe
protools on their production machines, and looking at ubuntu on a desktop
platform. i feel like this is an unnecessary alienating step. personally, i
dont use protools, but that doesnt mean that its use is "wrong". and to
imply that is not a 'community building' attitude.

i would like to think that any audio professional or home user using
whatever OS or proprietary software could come to this list, and feel
welcome. and i would like to ask all the long-time users to become
ambassadors, embracing the technology we have, and helping spread the
positives, as well as internally helping address and resolve the negatives.

MH

http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/
http://wnclug.ourproject.org/