Professionalism [was: Re: Has somebody a stable Ubuntu Studio NATTY 64-bit?]

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Tue May 31 09:56:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:37:50AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 00:36 -0400, Mike Holstein wrote:
> > i'll use what i want for my professional needs, and you use what you
> > want.
>
> Mike, that isn't the point. You said that I spread misinformation. I
> simply would explain that you can't recommend Ardour for professional
> usage when you record big orchestras

Not wanting this thread to elaborate further, but I just thought I needed to
point out, Ralf, that professionalism exists outside of recording big
orchestras. Check the meaning of the term. It means doing something for money,
or other means of payment.

I'm fairly confident that ardour is being used in such a manner. It looks like
Mike is actually trying to say that he knows that to be true.

Nothing more to say on this topic, carry on as previously programmed (though I
fail to see how this has anything to do with Ubuntu Studio anymore.)

--
Jaska