Has somebody a stable Ubuntu Studio NATTY 64-bit?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue May 31 09:37:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 00:36 -0400, Mike Holstein wrote:

> i'll use what i want for my professional needs, and you use what you
> want.

Mike, that isn't the point. You said that I spread misinformation. I
simply would explain that you can't recommend Ardour for professional
usage when you record big orchestras, where nothing can be cut, copied
and pasted. The musicians need to play 60 minutes or longer without
fault (but they will fault several times), the company, e.g. the WDR
needs to pay an "VIP" audio engineer [1], a studio hall, a studio truck,
catering etc. pp..

One crash could cost thousands of $ or €.

You are thinking of small studios, that might do good jobs, but that's
not where the big money is made.

Pardon Mike, please answer this questions) Did you ever made such an
orchestra recording using Ardour? Did you ever made any orchestra
recording in this price segment?

I won't abuse you and I don't say that Ardour isn't a good application,
my intend is just to explain, that there is a professional audio branch
where using Ardour and of cause ProFools too can't be done.

[1] VIP audio engineers puts their pants on the same way as we do, but
big companies like the WDR use their names to sell recordings.