Ardour Segmentation fault- won't start at all!

Alexandros Bitoulas albitoulas at yahoo.gr
Mon May 30 22:54:34 UTC 2011

Allright guys,

I have just fixed the problem...with a trial and error method!

I started unistalling one-by-one the packages that I have installed the last 3
days and I kept testing if ardour could launch each time I uninstalled
something.

When I uninstalled "pavucontrol" ardour launched perfectly!! I also
uninstalled with autoremove "libcanberra-gtk-module" and "libcanberra-gtk0"
that pavucontrol automatically installed and which might caused the problem in
libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.4, as syslog was informing me whenever I launched
ardour.

Thank you all for your help and time!

Best regards,

Alex