Ardour Segmentation fault- won't start at all!

Alexandros Bitoulas albitoulas at yahoo.gr
Sun May 29 20:08:54 UTC 2011

Hello to everyone!

I am using Kubuntu 11.04 (fresh install, added single audio packages needed)
on my pc where I have been able to work perfectly with my guitar (rakarak and
record in ardour with generic kernel) until some days ago.

However, since the last two days I cannot start Ardour! AFAIK, I haven't done
something that could cause this problem. From the terminal I get only this
output.

alex at Kubuntu-pc:~$ ardour2
Ardour 2.8.11
   (built using 7387 and GCC version 4.5.1)
Copyright (C) 1999-2008 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel Baker

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
Segmentation fault
alex at Kubuntu-pc:~$

I searched on the internet and haven't found something about it...I don't even
know with what it could be related with or what caused it!

I want to note that everything else works perfectly (Jack, Rakarack).

Could somebody provide some help, guidelines or any information? Does anyone
has/had the same proble with Natty?

Thank you all in advance,

Alex