Has somebody a stable Ubuntu Studio NATTY 64-bit?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun May 29 15:00:35 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 09:41 -0500, Erik Rasmussen wrote:
> Ralf, have you tried 11.04 AMD64 using the Ubuntu Studio install,
> instead of just applying the packages to a different version? (Might
> be worth trying.)

I fear that this did cause some of the issues.
Natty is an Ubuntu Studio install. After installing I added Edubuntu
packages. Most issues were already there, when it was a clean vanilla
Ubuntu Studio install.

For Maverick I did it versa vice I installed Edununtu and after
installing Ubuntu Studio.
Excepted of the mouse wheel issue, Maverick is the best workstation I
ever had!

I now will test Debian stable first and perhaps mix it with testing,
after correspondences at LAU, especially with Robin Gareus, this seems
to be what is most near to my needs and wishes.

- A stable desktop environment, perhaps outdated.
- Current audio applications, not outdated.
- Near to former 64 Studio, openDAW will be based on Debian.
- Near to Ubuntu/Ubuntu Studio.
- No PulseAudio.

There's no guarantee that anything will be better than it is for Ubuntu
on my machine regarding to X, the mouse wheel and some other issues, but
at least I would get rid of PA issues, without cheap tricks, that will
come with issues.

I'll keep and try to fix my Ubuntu at another time, at the moment I'm
interested in making music, instead of spending much time to fix trouble
and writing around two mails each hour to mailing lists 24/7. This must
be annoying for others too.