Chiming in on the 'cheap-usb-audio-interface' conversation

Fernando Gomes f.m.gomes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 12:31:59 UTC 2011

Hi

As I posted yesterday, I had a Tascam US122 until a week ago, and it
worked flawlessly with every UbuntuStudio distributions I've used (at
least from 8,xx until the 10.xx). I had other problems with RT kernels
and my hardware configuration, but not with the tascam. Unfortunatly I
don't have it now, and I also have losted the information that I have
compiled about its installation to put in an article on
www.openstudio.info. I'll try to get at least some info from my last
installation from the history command, but I can say that it was
almost using the link already posted:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TASCAM_US-122

>From what I remember (I'm not in my home studio PC right now and I'll
confirm it later), I've used a more recent alsa firmware, I think it
was this version:

ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/firmware/alsa-firmware-1.0.23.tar.bz2

Then, on step 6 you should use the second option, replacing the
002/003 by the results you get from lsusb:

# sudo fxload -s /path/to/ld2-ezusb.hex -I
/usr/share/alsa/firmware/usx2yloader/us122fw.ihx -D
/dev/bus/usb/002/003

Also in step 7 you should do first this command to create a link
because the files are not in the place the program is expecting:

# sudo ln -s /usr/share/alsa/firmware/usx2yloader /lib/firmware/usx2yloader

I suppose that the sugested udev integration is being deprecated, but
it works at least for now.

I didn't change the default soundcard because I select it in jack

Once I can retreive the history information from my homestudio PC I'll
make the necessary corrections. Can you tell us what is not working
during your tascam us122 installation?

Best regards

Fernando