Problems with buttons

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Tue Dec 20 20:12:22 UTC 2011

On 20/12/11 20:00, Erik Rasmussen wrote:
> 11.04 of Ubuntu Studio is based on Ubuntu, which was Gnome based.
> 11.10 of Ubuntu Studio is based on Xubuntu, which is based on XFCE.
>
> I don't know for certain this is the reason, (because I did not try to
> upgrade from 11.04 to 11.10), but I wonder if there are either further
> updates you need to do to be fully switched or if the different
> desktop-base is the cause?
>
> Wonder if running the following from the command line will help?  (Or
> did you already try it?)
>
> sudo apt-get update
>
> sudo apt-get upgrade

I did do a fresh install rather than an upgrade, if that makes any
difference.

I was a long-time user of 9.10, switched briefly (couple of months) to
Xubuntu 11.04 with US packages (which didn't work out too well), now
11.10 US. Each time though it's using the same /home partition but the
actual OS is always a clean install.

I have managed to update things on several occasions since I installed
9.10 -- all it did was upgrade a package since this morning's upgrade,
but thanks anyway for the suggestion. It's odd that different buttons
are broken depending on whether the Update Manager pops up automatically
or is launched from the menu.

Best wishes