Howtos and workarounds - 1

Kenneth Koym koymkg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 22:54:08 UTC 2011

Ralf, your question(s) were too complex for me earlier today; I read and
gave up on all. Now after spending almost four hours of napping, I see why
you asked all in the UbuStudio list serve for answers to sub-questions.
Sorry,  I have not kept tabs on any of those symptoms. Keep at it my friend!
We need for jack, etc. to function across Kubuntu, Edubuntu and Ubuntu.

Myself, I'd like your answer for lucid lynx kxstudio 10.04.02. I use use
Kubuntu, Edubuntu and Ubuntu on 3 PCs and Acer Laptop. Yes, very, very often
your questions affect me. I return from coffee breaks with a note saying
"You must finish this session in low graphics mode." Looking at the problem,
I have not believed the issue was so bad. Except forgetful as I am. I have
awaken as I learned from the many crashes, I'd lost very useful work that
could not be recovered.

Time after time, all that I'd been doing before a crash occurred [while I
was on a coffee break or amidst a mental lapse] was gone forever. These many
losses are eventually forcing me to decide on whether I must turn to more
stable OSs.  Ralf, please keep at it!! I for one believe the "low latency"
and not low latency issues you've identified cut across use Kubuntu,
Edubuntu and Ubuntu Studio. Power to you.

Kenneth