Maverick and RT

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 06:22:28 BST 2010

AH, yeah, i have a presonus firepod as well... i gave up on the macbook and
ubuntu altogether.. in lucid, it would run for about a week and lock up...
but, the chip set in mine is agere, and it DID NOT play nicely with the
firepod... run lspci and check to see what chipset you have... texas
instruments are really the way to go... i installed snowleopard on the
macbook, and i was using JACK and ardour on it with the firepod, and
bringing the sessions back home to mix on ubuntu, and that worked quite
well... since then, i have several other notebook options with TI firewire
chipsets... unless this is something that you somehow got running solid in
the past, i would say this is a hardware issue with that chipset...

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:14 AM, Brian David <beejunk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Mike Holstein <mikeh789 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> what audio device?
>>

> A PreSonus Firepod.  So a firewire interface.  However, just running
> Hydrogen through the speakers on the MacBook using the Alsa driver still
> producers too many x-runs.  I've never been able to get this computer to run
> well on anything but a real RT kernel.
> --
> -Brian David

MH