Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 42, Issue 18

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 22:07:44 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 17:19 -0400, Mike Holstein wrote:

> zynaddsubfx is just being basically replaced with yoshimi, which is
> the currently developed fork of zynadd... i was wondering about
> lilypond as well, but yeah, the idea is to have musescore included as
> the core notation software... and again, these are NOT getting taken
> out of the repos, just not included by default... the idea is that
> there will be a metapackage, something like ubuntustudio-podcaster or
> whatever that would have audacity in it... in theory, there could be
> one for engraving that would have lilypond... keep the feedback
> coming, i think its helpful to sound these options out.. thanks...

Mike,
I like this approach.  It is much easier to add things than it is to
take them away if they are in a meta-package.  There are several things
I do not and will never use.  But because of them being in the Ubuntu
Studio meta-package I can't (AFAIK) remove them.

The work on the workflows and having them around for new users is great.
Then they can add what they need.  We can have workflows that
specifically say to install application XYZ in addition to UBS to
accomplish a specific task.

Thanks for all the hard work.

--Tim