update ubuntu studio package list page?

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Sat May 15 15:16:51 BST 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 11:16 AM, teza <tsaliou75 at orange.fr> wrote:

> Hi Scott, thanks for the links, there's maybe one thing who could be
> done and vill be very useful, it's to have a page with all the hardware
> who are working  out the box or very well with Ubuntu Studio, sound
> card, midi keyboard, mix table and so on. What do you think?
> Thank for the work done.
> Best Regards.
> Teza

Greetings Teza,

I agree that having documentation about hardware that "just works" with
Ubuntu Studio would be very helpful and information.  Especially to someone
who wants to get into Ubuntu Studio or even upgrade their hardware.

As Ricardo said, the wikis are available for users not only to view but to
also create.  If anyone feels reasonably confident about the information
they are documenting then I would encourage everyone to do so.  Please be
respectful of other's work and try to avoid destructive edits if possible.

I would stress that all users are empowered to help improve Ubuntu Studio.
Whether that is reporting bugs, testing ISOs, advocacy or updating/creating
documentation.  We as users can do all these things.  The only thing
required for documentation is an account to edit/create pages on
help.ubuntu.com or wiki.ubuntu.com.

This would even be a great project for a LoCo.  At one meeting everyone get
together and create a wiki page and list everyone's hardware that works
along with their Ubuntu Studio version!

But I will also make a special offer as well.  If you (and anyone) will
either respond to this mailing list or email me directly (
scottalavender at gmail.com with "Ubuntu Studio Hardware" as the Subject) I
will add this information into a wiki myself.  Just tell me what hardware
you have that "just works" with Ubuntu Studio and which version of Ubuntu
Studio you are running.

Thank you again Teza for not only using Ubuntu Studio but emailing the list.

ScottL