Motherboard compatibility - AMD

Kenneth Koym koymkg at gmail.com
Sat May 8 15:11:57 BST 2010

Fermando, Scot & John/Anyone:

My Acer Laptop lost its panel "applications"; "places"; "System"; "Shut
Down" panel drop down. Nothing remains to restore. Right clicking does not
pop up a shut down either; but right clicking does come up with options:
"Create Folder, Create Folder, Create Document, Clean up Name, & Change
Desktop Background." Can you mention  a command that I may write into
"terminal" which I can open from the desktop? What terminal fix will
"reconstitute" or
reconfigure the panel with the icon repopulated?

I'd sure appreciate your guidance. [perhaps this resulted from a hyperactive
keyboard, which I guess has something to do with a motherboard issue.]

Kenneth