Ubuntu Studio Project Lead

laurent.bellegarde laurent.bellegarde at free.fr
Fri Jun 11 08:32:56 BST 2010

Hi Scott and  all,

Le 09/06/2010 19:40, Scott Lavender a écrit :

> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:32 PM, laurent.bellegarde
> <laurent.bellegarde at free.fr <mailto:laurent.bellegarde at free.fr>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Scott.
>
>     Well, it's a good program.
>
>     Few things, as i've done an official conference about UBS at Paris
>     Ubuntu Party.
>
>     - Many people ask for a viewable boot ! Many beleive that there was a
>     bug during the boot !
>

> I'm not sure what you mean by 'viewable boot'.  Do you mean the
> progress bar?
>
> On my system the progress bar is only visible for three to four
> seconds before the GDM screen appears and the progress bar only fills
> the first U and part of the N!  I am curious if other systems are
> similar.  The Plymouth theme was added very, very late during last
> cycle so it might require some tweaking although I am unsure how much
> adjusting is possible.

Yes, when i'm booting under generic kernel that's doing the same thing
as you, on different laptop with intel, or ati graphics cards. it's not
very beautifull. More difficult is the boot under RT-kernel, there is no
graphical boot, only a blank screen, and few seconds before having GDM,
severals understanding command lines on the left part of the screen,
which is more than awfull :-/

You mentioned a video of your event before.  Is it available so I can
see what you are describing?

As soon it's available online, i'll tell the list.

Laurent