Ubuntu Studio Project Lead

Det mailtodet at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 9 05:19:18 BST 2010

Hartmut Noack schrieb:
[snipped]
> PLUS: Audio is most important for UBS because one can install GIMP,
> Blender, Synfig, Inkscape or any other graphics-app on any standard
> generic Linux and it will work. Not so will jack, Ardour and the like,
> they need a system, that is carefully tweaked to RT-needs and a generic
> Linux would not be adeaquate. And Video-apps need more or less the same
> tweaks.

Not to mention the fact that one cannot create
a sensible video without a good sound track.
And as far as I know  "sound" = "audio".

So at least in the final production steps
both will be equally demanded.

> So, if users say, they find UBS to be too much focused on audio, one
> should explain, that this is not the case and not try to follow
> "customer-demands" that derive from wrong assumtions made at
> first-glance.

Well, hum, the simple question is, what those users
miss from the video support of UBS.

If one says "I miss nothing, but it's too audio centered
nevertheless" then give him a mild smile and a pitying
clap on the shoulder. Otherwise .... listen.

KR
Det