Good news about Cinelerra

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Dec 5 17:06:30 GMT 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 17:56 +0100, Tommy Hjalmarsson wrote:
> On 2010-12-05 17:40, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 19:18 +0200, Asmo Koskinen wrote:
> >> https://launchpad.net/~cinelerra-ppa
> >>
> >> Use it ;-)
> >>
> >> Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.
> > My experiences with ppa are good, e.g. for Shutter by launchpad, anyway,
> > this kind of third party packages 'does not have to', but 'would be able
> > to' cause issues, especially if there are dependencies to codecs, as
> > there are for Cinelerra.
> >
> > For what versions of Ubuntu Studio is Cinelerra by this repository
> > proved?
> >
> > I do have got may issues, just running a 'regular' Ubuntu Studio.
> >
> > My 2 Cents:
> >
> > We should use such repositories, but just after doing a backup of the
> > hopefully stable Ubuntu Studio and then all the times we're doing an
> > upgrade, we should verify the sources of e.g. codecs, that are perhaps
> > upgraded too.
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Ralf
> >

> Ubuntu 8.04-10.10
>
> https://launchpad.net/~cinelerra-ppa/+archive/ppa
> <https://launchpad.net/%7Ecinelerra-ppa/+archive/ppa>
>
> Click on " Technical details about this PPA" , select your Ubuntu
> version and follow the instruction.

Is it proved by the Ubuntu Studio Community? E.g. with a memlock for rt
audio? Etc, pp.?

Again, I never had issues when installing a package by launchpad, but a
'studio' Linux isn't a regular Linux ;).

Can't any of the packages by
http://ppa.launchpad.net/cinelerra-ppa/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/c/cinelerra/
cause an inconsistency?

If I should need Cinelerra, I maybe would install it by this repository,
but I also would do a backup of Ubuntu Studio before installing it.

:)

Ralf

--
I'm not interested in WikiLeaks, but IMO it's much more, but just
suspect how PayPal does behave against WikiLeaks. I never used PayPal,