Boot splash screen

laurent.bellegarde laurent.bellegarde at free.fr
Fri Apr 23 16:09:48 BST 2010

Le 23/04/2010 09:10, aYo Binitie a écrit :
> Hi,
> I upgraded to Lucid 64 last night - It was nice and pretty painless, I
> have almost every thing working but for a couple of things
>
> 1. The Mouse does not display its selected icon when its over the
> desktop. It renders ok over opened applications and browsers but over
> the desktop its a plain white pointer.
>
> 2. the Boot splash screen has not changed and its rendered really
> horribly. The resolution is completely out of whack and no amount of
> rejigging in the start up manager seems to be able to rectify this.
>
> Any ideas??
>
> aYo
Hi all,

I've got too same troubles.

Even under generic kernel, my boot is

- 7 s of blank screen with cursor in upper left moving
- 4 s of ubuntu studio splash screen, enough time to full of with the
only UBU

and the gdm connexion appear after 1 or 2 s.

the definition of ubuntu splash screen UBS is really pixelised, and too
short, and nothing happens on screen during the first part of the boot.

It's not pretty

Laurent