Trouble with wireless setup

Rolf Krüger rolf-krueger at gmx.de
Wed Apr 14 15:54:15 BST 2010

Hi Mischa,

AFAIK (well, remember, at least :-) there have been some changes to the
wireless-stuff between 8.04 and 9.04. It was around that time
(8.04 i guess) that I also had trouble getting my notebook
connected to WiFi. With newer installations I never had that
trouble again. I would really give the latest stable of UbuStu a try.
Have it here on a parallel installation, too and did not see one single
problem yet ...

But I would suggest to ask google about your specific problem before
dropping a "working" installation - bet you had your reasons, why
you have installed 8.04 ...

regards
rolf