[LAU] M-Audio Audiophile 2496 on modern Ubuntu

sandie sandie at sandgreen.dk
Thu Apr 8 09:37:01 BST 2010

teza wrote:
> Hi all, hi Sandie nice to hear from you, for my point of view removing
> Pulse Audio from Ubuntu will be the first thing to do. This thing works
> when it wants, but I'm a dev. so I will follow the stream. I think
> Ubuntu Studio should be in touch with you to include your very soft
> "Ubuntu Audio Tweaks" who does the job very well. By the way I relly
> would like to know what is the purpose of Pulse Audio, because Alsa is
> working so well.
> Regards
> Teza

Thanks for your kind words :-) but I mave to admit that my little tweak
doesnt fix all problems, like Totem not working without Pulse ( and I'm
sure theres also other dependencies ), but I supprised that there isnt a
real programmer that have a better solution to this, cause if I can do
it, it shouldnt be a problem for some one who actually knows what he/she
is doing ;-) after all, I just threw some code together that works for some.

Regards
Sandie