Stability problems with 9.04 64bit quad core

Kiernan Holland rofthorax at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 10:25:44 BST 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Kiernan Holland <rofthorax at gmail.com> wrote:

> If it is an interrupt problem, you'll have to move your sound card to
> another slot.. Or if the sound is on your motherboard, buy another card and
> use that instead of the motherboard. Also I think the 64-bit kernel is the
> other problem. I think I read

I mean to say that the 64-bit kernel is the solution to your memory
addressing. If your swap is adequate for the amount of real memory you have,
then it's likely the kernel is not a 64-bit kernel, and that's why it's not
addressing enough of the memory. And the size of the memory could be less
than 4 gigs due to some sort of addressing needs outside of memory
addressibility. If it is that your swap is 3.1 gigs, then that's the
problem. But make sure you have the 64-bit kernel and enough swap.