Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 30, Issue 5

Tommy yeah allornothin.tommy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 18:14:08 BST 2009

I use two Mackie Onyx 1660's daisy chained connected to a qaudcore UbuStu
Hardy install with Xfce. Mackie has worked flawlessly for me once I stopped
updating to 9.xx versions. I also have a Mackie Universal Pro for my control
surface which worked out of the box with Ardour. I use a M-audio Axiom for
midi control and triggers. I do not use the real time kernel because we only
record bands and don't use the setup in any way for live purposes. I'm
constantly impressed with Hardy/Ardour, Last night I was tracking bass on to
a session with 65 tracks playing back, with 25 or so effects on those tracks
without an xrun or "segmentation fault" :)