recording vocals

bart deruyter bart.deruyter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 07:50:18 BST 2009

Hi,

microphones have nothing to do with compabilitiy with Ubuntustudio, perhaps
for usb-microphones, yes, but for recording, regular microphones are used
that are connected to a soundcard. I use this setup :

microphone -> mixer -> soundcard -> computer(ubuntustudio)

you could also try :

microphone -> soundcard -> computer (ubuntustudio) if you don't have a
mixer.

With this I mean that you don't have to search for a microphone that could
be compatible with ubuntu studio, regular (non usb) microphones have nothing
to do with software.

greets,
Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/