Sound card not recognized

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 28 00:03:57 GMT 2009

Susan Cragin wrote:
> Here's a puzzle.
> My jaunty ubuntu studio needed to be re-installed today, and I did so using a 2-week-old installation disk.
> There were lots of updates.

Generally, that isn't advised. Grabbing the latest install disk during
development is always advised. Things are meant to be broken and 2 weeks
of updates at one time like this can result in all kinds if hickups.
I've hit this many times and is why I run 2 installs at all times.

Quick fix: Grab latest disk and do a clean install. (better to wait for
final in a month)

Otherwise, wait around for someone who knows how to diagnose better than
I do.

-Cory K.