Getting M-Audio Delta 66 working

Dennis Neumeier dennismail at gmx.net
Fri Mar 13 19:35:55 GMT 2009

> Dennis, you do not have rev E, but rev 02 as is mine. Maybe this really
> helps you - try it.

I am really getting depressed a little bit: You have exactly the same card as
I do - mine does not give out something while yours do? Bad moon rays at may
place with prevents my card from plying??? :)

> options snd-ice1712 model=delta1010lt
> then saved.
> typed 'sudo alsa force-reload' at the prompt - which picks up the card.

I did all of that - no sound, still...

> 'sudo apt-get install alsa-tools-gui' (for envy24control - would this be
> automagically installed if detected?)
> 'envy24control &' (including the ampersand to keep the console available)
> Turned DAC 4,5,6,7 up to bring sound to outputs 1 & 2
> 'aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav' then gives you a burst of
> static white noise.

I see that envy shows a signal when playing Noise.wav, but nothing to hear...

I still did not give up hope...

Regards,
Dennis