Jaunty Alpha 5 and linux-rt (ppa)

Asmo Koskinen asmo.koskinen at arkki.info
Sat Mar 7 22:12:27 GMT 2009

I installed Jaunty Studio Alpha 5 (update&upgrade) and then installed
only linux-rt from ppa.

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-dev/+archive/ppa

I can use/play M-Audio Keystation 49e with jackd and qsynth, but only as
root/sudo user.

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Ubuntu_Studio/Jaunty/Kuvakaappaus.png

If I try same as a user, I get this. I have modified all necessary files.

studio at ubuntu-studio:~$ /usr/bin/jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p256 -n2
no message buffer overruns
jackd 0.116.1
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

cannot use real-time scheduling (FIFO at priority 10) [for thread
-1211418944, from thread -1211418944] (1: Operation not permitted)
cannot create engine
studio at ubuntu-studio:~$
----

"Interview: the return of the realtime preemption tree
By Jonathan Corbet February 16, 2009"

http://lwn.net/Articles/319544/

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.