Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 14

Karlheinz Noise khzmusik at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 28 17:36:17 BST 2009

To Victor and Phillip:

I'm a bit new to the conversation, but I know quite a bit about Drupal (my own site is Drupal powered).

I use the Audio module myself, and you can add other Flash players:
http://drupal.org/node/468866
(I wrote that guide, FWIW.)

However, the Audio module doesn't do playlists at this point. You might want to check out FLV Media Player:
http://drupal.org/project/flvmediaplayer

...and other helper modules (XSPF Playlist, Trackit, etc).

There's also the Dash Media Player:
http://drupal.org/project/dashplayer

You can also use your own player using Flash Node:
http://drupal.org/project/flashnode

You might actually want to go this last route, since both the JW player and the Dash Media player are not open-source (though they're free for non-commercial use).

Also, just FYI, the reason most players won't accept Ogg is because Adobe Flash doesn't support it yet. I have no idea why.

If you guys need any help setting up the website, let me know (off-list probably). I'm trying to get web design jobs, so anything that goes on the resume helps...

-Karlheinz