kim at anechoicmedia.com
Fri Jan 30 15:24:58 GMT 2009
wow! I get chewed out on the ubuntumini list for asking a
and here I find I ask the wrong questions about backing up that
additionally are inappropriate to the context of this list!?
methinks Ubuntu users have become a sour lot in the short time I've
been on sabbatical! ;)
in any case, here goes round two of my research into to know how
musicians safeguard their assets and final deliveries:
ok let's pick a common scenario:
- you are working on a two partition drive on your studio laptop
- one is '/' the other is '/home'
- you run out of space while working on music project due to working
at a higher sample rate/bit depth
- so you buy a larger HD and install it
- how would UbuntuStudio musicians deal with this scenario?
- basically you want to image/migrate/clone/mirror the original drive
(containing 2 partitions) somewhere then restore it on the new drive
- step by step - how would people go about doing this in their studio?
<I'm assuming the functionality needed for this task would be a
subset of the set functions that exist in the tool used for general
backing up would have>
More information about the Ubuntu-Studio-users