Emagic emi 6|2m & Audacity with Ubuntu

Simon Lowen simon at simonloewen.com
Sat Jan 10 17:58:22 GMT 2009

Step-by-step:

I found this site that describes the modules.conf file for the emi 2|6,
but I have the 6|2 interface.  Would someone know which lines I should
change to make it work for my 6|2?

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Usb-audio

alias usb-controller usb-uhci
# --- ALSA configuration
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-card-0 snd-usb-audio
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
# --- OSS compatibility
#alias sound-slot-0 audio
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd major=116 cards_limit=3
# --- ALSA configuration END
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S

Simon Lowen wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> 	Is there a simple step-by-step set of instructions for setting up an
> Emagic emi 6|2m with Ubuntu?
>
> I would like to run 2 inputs (channels 1 and 2) into Audacity and record
> the input.   Input is phono.
>
> I have not installed jack, because I do not know if I require this.
>
> S.

- --
PGP plugin for Microsoft Outlook: http://www.gpg4win.org/
PGP plugin for Thunderbird/Mozilla: http://enigmail.mozdev.org
No legitimate reason to know, no legitimate reason to ask.
In the beginning, things were simple. That's arguably because people
were far more stupid, but let's not split hairs.