buy a sound card

laurent.bellegarde laurent.bellegarde at free.fr
Mon Feb 2 05:30:45 GMT 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm writting a book about audio-video editing with free software for a
famous editor in France. I'm talking a lot about ubuntu studio.

As i'm not a musician, i have few question about

for someone who wants to run GNU/Linux for MAO

- what's a cheaper price for an amateur sound card ?
- what's a good price for a medium sound card ?
- What's a good price for a professional sound card ?

what's the main difference between a first price sound card and a
professionnal one ?

I need too examples of sound card that runs without any trouble or very
easily under GNU/Linux,

for beginners (and cheaper) :

for medium use, semi-pro :

for professionnal use :