Dssi-Vst and Ubuntu Studio

sandie sandie at sandgreen.dk
Tue Dec 8 18:08:39 GMT 2009

teza wrote:
> Hi all, I was wondering about the fact that we can find somme free vst
> plugins on the web, why the UbuntuStudio tean does not include dssi-vst
> package in the Os as a standard.
> Regards
> Teza

I found a .deb version somewhere on the web (sorry, but I don't remember
where), I placed it on my server if you are interested :
http://sandgreen.dk/stuff/dssi-vst.deb.tar.bz2

But yes... it would be cool to have default in UbuStu :-)

Brian David wrote:

> I don't have an answer for your specific question, Teza, but I am
> wondering:  are there actually a lot of people on this list using VSTs
> with Linux?  Because I was under the impression that this was very
> hard to do, and did not work well even in the best of cases.
> --
> -Brian David

I use them a lot.
ZynAddSubFx and Bristol are both on my favorite list of
synths/v-inst/fx, but unfortunaly the list is kind'a small if you
exclude Win-VST.

I havent had any serious problems using them with dssi-vst, but I havent
tested extensively and only one at a time, like "XLN addictive drums"
for when I practice my e-drums or "VoxengoBoogex" for guitar.
I have removed Pulse, but other than that, I just run them with "vsthost
/_path_to_/vsti.dll" and most of them work, If I'm composing/editing I
just load them in my host (XT2) but I like the idea of just clicking on
the "drums" icon on my desktop and play without having to start my host
and load/setup the instrument first.

Sandie