waiting for professional grade

Heiko Kokemoor getting.lists at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 6 16:20:56 GMT 2009

> "Let your creativity fly..." in big bold letters. Later it
> says: "It's easy. Just...". And below that it lists: "Audio, Graphics,
> Video".
>
> Software development, system level tweaking, and learning Linux are
> mentioned NO WHERE.
>
> <devils advocate mode off>

> "General knowledge of Linux system admin, software development,
> understanding of xwindows, and other geeky stuff may be required before
> successful creativity in audio, graphics, or video can be achieved."
>
> Couldn't find it.

To my mind you pointed out the most importand point, not only for Ubuntu
Studio, but for many products, no matter if open or closed source.
It's plain marketing, a lie.

Even if you are a dedicated open source fan, normaly you don't think
about the way of marketing.

But if we advertise a product as "easy and so on", then we only copy
closed source marketing. And perhaps it has to be the question, if this
is the right way.
Does opens source the marketing-lies of closed source?

Even for Windows it's a lie, because this product as well can be very
fu..... tricky.