Jaunty Real Time Kernel fails immediately

Fernando Gomes f.m.gomes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 20:19:17 BST 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Kjel Anderson <kjel.anderson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Susan,
>
> I updated your bug report. There was someone in IRC who was having the
> same problem. Do you know what motherboard you have? This fellow on
> IRC and I had the exact same model.

Hello, mine fails immediately with ubuntustudio 9.04 (amd and i386)
without any writes in the log files (I can boot from another ubuntu
setup on the same pc and mount the ubuntustudio 9.04 partition to
explore the log files).  Standard ubuntu 9.04 works very well, but if
I install then the ubuntustudio metapackages I have the same result as
installing from the ubuntustudio DVD. My hardware configuration is the
following:

    * AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
    * 1GB DDR2 666 RAM
    * 500 GB SATA HDD (Samsung)
    * Motherboard: Elite A780GM-A Black Edition
    * Graphics: ATI™ Radeon HD3200 graphics (Integrated in the AMD 780G chipset)
    * LAN: ATHEROS L1 Gigabit Fast Ethernet NIC
    * Soundcard: TASCAM US-122 (there are other 2 soundcards onboard,
one a IDT 92HD206 8-channel audio CODEC, the other is associated with
the HDMI output)

With 64Studio 3.0 beta (amd and i386) I can boot only if I pass
nolapic in the boot options, but with ubuntustudio 9.04 I saw no
difference in using the nolapic option. I also tried with lots of
other boot options without any results.

If you want me to make any additional test please ask, I'll only be at
home in a few days but I'll make the tests then. It is working also
well with ubuntustudio 8.04 (from time to time I have a lost RTC
interrupt in the error log)

Thanks

Fernando