Removing Lilypond

David Stocker dstocker at thenotesetter.com
Tue Sep 23 12:55:56 BST 2008

I'm trying to remove LilyPond 2.10.33 (which came bundled with Ubuntu
Studio 8.04) so that I may install the latest version of the program. A
typical installation of LilyPond contains an uninstall script that can
be run by double-clicking an icon labeled 'uninstall-lilypond' but this
file is nowhere to be found on the system. I also tried uninstalling it
through the synaptic package manager, however doing so will apparently
affect the installation of Rosegarden, which I don't want to do. (I
believe Rosegarden depends on LilyPond for it's notation output).

Another option would be to simply install the latest version of LilyPond
and change the path by which the command 'lilypond' accesses the program
executables. However, since I'm new to Linux, I would probably need
assistance in doing so.

Does anyone on the forum have any advice?

Thanks,

Dave