Ubuntu Studio 8.10, -rt and 2.6.27

Chris Wenn christopher.wenn at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 14:03:12 BST 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 08:51 -0400, Cory K. wrote:

> As of now, the situation is totally up in the air, and somewhat out of
> our hands. We're trying to get -rt merged into .27 but things are nuts
> in Ubuntu land as far as the kernel goes.
>
> We don't even know yet what will happen.
>
> Best case scenario, we ship a .27-rt kernel in line with main Ubuntu or
> we ship -generic with a SRU to -rt later after release.
>
> That's all I know atm. You guys know what I do.

Sorry Cory - i didn't mean to sound so critical - your hard work is
appreciated!

Is a .26-rt kernel completely out of the question? I note that there is
a .26 based linux-rt package in the archives, but attempting to install
results in:

or been moved out of Incoming.

  linux-restricted-modules-rt: Depends:
linux-restricted-modules-2.6.26-1-rt but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

Chris